Please Enter your US Postal Code
Recipes, Ideas, & More
Book Cover DIY
Book Cover DIY
- Little Bites® empty pouches (6-12 depending on size of book)
- Decorative tape and scotch tape
- X-Acto knife
- Using X-Acto knife and ruler (parents may want to help child with this part), trim off top, bottom and back (removing fused portions) so the pouch turns into a flat sheet.
- Clean inside of pouch sheets with wipes or damp cloth. Let dry.
- Lay out the pouch sheets (printed side up) overlapping 1”.
- Place opened book over the sheets as guide to show if you need more or less sheets to cover book. There should be 2-3 inches of pouches around the book for flaps.
- Remove book. Place about 1-2” scotch tape to secure sheets together.
- Flip over sheets so unprinted side is facing up. Tape all sheets together with decorative tape.
- Trim edges carefully (parents may want to help child with this part) for neater look use an X-Acto knife with a ruler.
- Flip over to printed side. Place book on center of taped sheets (which is now 1 big sheet). Fold 2-3” of top part down (using book as guide). Tape down part of flap to secure.
- Before repeating on bottom part, book needs to be flush to top flap.
- Open book. Make sure you have equal width of flaps on left and right side.
- Fold 2-3” of flap on front cover. A pocket/sleeve is created. Place cover into pocket. Then securely tape top and bottom so flaps do not become undone. Repeat on back flap.
- Decorate with stickers.